Wall Build Up - Passive House

Hi,

I’m currently working on my vignette and the typical wall build-up I’m aiming for is as follows:

1. Internal lining (plasterboard)
  2. 45mm service cavity
  3. Vapour control layer (Intello)
  4. Insulation within the timber framing
  5. Timber framing
  6. Rigid Air Barrier (RAB)
  7. Extasana Wall Weather Resistive Barrier (WRB)
  8. Ventilated cavity
  9. External cladding

Could anyone advise on the best approach for creating this type of wall?

These are the typical wall build-ups in both AU and NZ, and they are becoming more and more popular. I understand there are recipes that can be created, but being able to visually see each component would also help with identifying potential conflicts and ensuring builders can better understand the airtightness detailing.

Here are a couple of examples for reference:

So the service cavity and ventilated cavity are battened out. Is that correct? I hadn’t tried it, but the lightweight multiwall will do that.

@Trey_Ryder I had a quick play with the Lightweight Multi wall, and it can be done so it estimates correctly without recipes; however, the material placement needs to be changed, and the option for the optional insulation in the internal cavity needs to be added. I added the Pro Clima TESCON EXTORA® tape where the termite barrier is & I would use a recipe to double the quantity.
I have a development meeting today, and I think the changes are pretty straightforward; if so, it will be either in the next release of PlusDesignBuild or the one after.

Here is the estimate I did. NOTE: you should change the BOQ Category in the wall tool by clicking “EDIT TAG & BOQ category”

@Grant Essentially, we need to change the category types to Insulation and add the option to have material placed on the inside of “Stud wall”. This way, users can create Vignettes to draw, demonstrate and take off Passive wall types quickly & accurately. Grant, when it is done, can you make the materials above available via the Sync to save the passive house guys creating materials?
@Trey_Ryder can you ask the guys at Pro Clima to get Textures please?

By the way, I made the materials above public to save you from doing it yourself.

Awesome thanks for this! What is the timeline looking like for the next release?

I have all the textures for the ProClima wraps and tapes now and will email them through.