Takeoff quantities appearing in multiple locations and double counting

Hi,
I am getting double counting in my model - measured insulation appears under “insulation” and again under finishes- How do I stop this from happening? it also appears that the total of the estimate has not double counted, so it is very confusing.

I dont think it’s doubled. It looks like the category has been changed or the default tag layer location changed in different walls.
You can also choose similar materials in multiple locations on different wall types.
You can check this by clicking on a wall and scrolling down the materials.

It’s hard to tell without looking at a model, but my guess is you have multiple wall types or you’ve changed the default location.

I’ll have a look if you can upload a model.

The estimating tool only reads what’s in the model, I’ve not seen it double quantify. In the interim if you associate the same vendor to each material and create a purchase order or a bid request the quantities should be accurate and still be attributed to the vendor.
Is it a large model?

Hey, the actual end cost of the estimate is not doubled up, it seems to know that it has listed the same measures of building materials in different locations. But to have the same product located in two different sections of the estimate and then create a cost in sub totals is confusing. So I have an insulation section and then the same items listed in the insulation section are in the finishes section? I have tried every menu and function to see why but I can’t find why this occurs. What do know if I click on show in model in both sections it shows the same model elements.