Standard Craftsman and interior doors

Hello,

Does plusspec include any standard doors for North America? Looking to build the model with a craftsman style door and shaker doors for the interior but don’t see a quick easy way to do these.

Hi JP,

There are a couple of door styles built into the software & can be selected from the ‘Door Tyle’ field, however if you’d like to create your own styles I’ve explained the steps below to achieve this. If you’d like more info on how to do it I would recommend some training.

1. Select Style 1 (it should be the default selection) & draw/edit the door.
  2. Click on the door panel until you get down to the base geometry (the face should have blue dotted hatching).
  3. Using SketchUp tools (Line Tool, Rectangle Tool, Push/Pull Tool, etc.) create the desired style for the door. If you do this on one side of the door it should duplicate on the opposite side.

Note: If you do this with the first door you placed in the model, every other door in the model of the same type will have this change as you progress further with the model. If you want different styles make sure you make the final component unique (i.e. the component that contains the base geometry).

Tip: If done correctly, you should be able to copy the base geometry from other models & paste it into your current model (at the correct location).