Breakdown of sub totals

Would it be possible to have the summary page include - price - wastage - profit - sub total.
In the detailed section, when you edit to see more, the total price includes profit, so unless you calculate it out, you can’t immediately see the actual net amount of the item and the profit on the item. The same applies to wastage.

Knowing where your money is is very useful as it gives you the ability to make holistic decisions about a job price.

Hi Gareth, do you put different markups on different materials? I usually keep my markup constant as it keeps me on track, yet I add a contingency if I’m uncertain about something, the client is difficult, or the subcontractor is new.
I am unsure if there is sufficient room to add three extra columns on the summary page or if it will be cluttered & difficult to read.

Sometimes, if there is a specific item that can be ‘loaded’ with a higher markup, but this would not be the norm. Adding it into a contingency line item achieves the same result. But in general no I wouldn’t be using differing markups in the same project as it also gets confusing.

If I use a subtrade, and they are labour only so we provide the material - I need to be able to quickly see what amounts are contained in each element of work- Material, labor, equipment, risk, profit. Currently, every excel export I can find, only exports to “total” cost i.e it includes all of the above. So if I want to dig a bit deeper into the budget vs cost, I am left with trying to piece items together from the takeoff input page.

Downloading the “client” estimate has the same numbers as the reports, so there is no way that I know of to dig deeper. (although somehow I get numbers to 10 decimal places)

Looking at the summary page, certainly on my screen there is plenty of space to add a few more columns.

The input page in the estimating tool I think is great, the recipes concept also works well, but the reporting and estimating detail I think needs more to round out the “estimating tool”