Walls Under Skillion Roof Dormer

Hello,

Looking for help for best way to put walls under these dormers. They’re flat and extend to the edge of the wall. Have tried using the hip roof and creating a dormer without luck.

Have also been able to make the exterior wall with a window on one side and a skillion roof on it. But still am struggling ot get the side walls on there. Can make a skillion wall of course but it protrudes into the house. See this picture:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

I would right-click the roof and delete roof face, and use the skillion/sloping roof to create the roof with dormers
With the walls, I’d use right-click project wall to roof

Hi JP,

When creating roofs we always recommend to try & draw the walls in first so that you know where the walls & roof will intersect & also to know where the pitching points of the roof will be. However there are instances where you need to draw the walls in second, which I’ve explained below (I’d recommend some training on this as it may be confusing).

1. Hide the roof (click on a different scene OR turn off the roof in Default Tray > Tags).
  2. Draw the walls at the correct height (i.e. attic floor).
  3. Manipulate the walls into the correct position using the :pull_wall_tool: Push/Pull Wall Tool.
  4. Turn the roof back on.
  5. Add the dormers (right-click on the roof & select + ROOF > Add Dormer. Tip: You can also remove the roof face & draw it back by right-clicking on the roof & selecting + ROOF > Remove Roof Face.
  6. Make any further manipulations to the walls so they are molded into the roof (like adjusting heights, making skillion walls, etc.).

Tip: You can also use the project walls to roof feature to extend the top of walls to the pitching point of the roof. This is accessed via the right click menu when a roof & at least one wall is selected (right-click > + WALLS > Project Walls To Roof).

Regarding the skillion wall extending into the house, I’m not exactly sure of the desired result so I’m not able to answer just yet. Do you have an image of the desired result?

If you’d like any further info I’d highly recommend some training because drawing roofs can be quite complex & training sessions are usually the best way to explain these kinds of processes.