Wall assemblies

Hi I started exploring PlusSpec PlusArchitect. I have questions regarding walls, assemblies and stairs.
I am trying to create new walls assemblies with more layers but I don’t know how to do it. I have tried to look at all the videos available online but didn’t find anything about creating new walls assemblies. I am also trying to build U shaped stairs with three flights. Not sure how to create it. Is there a way to get help?

Thank you,
Karim

Hi, I have follow-up questions below,

1 - How can I create a new wall assembly?

I have tried for example to create:

• A double stud wall (2x6) with two layers of gypsum board on each side for sound insulation.
  • A double studs wall with no cavity with OSB and Gypsum board on the interior and with OSB and Stucco on the exterior.

I have tried to use some of the existing walls on Plusspec to create the new walls, but I don’t see where there is an option to add layers.

Also, when I go on the material management tool online, it looks like products are called by the brand, I am wondering if there is an easy way to find the product by its generic name (Stucco for example)

2 - Stairs

I am trying to create the stairs below. It is a U shaped staircase, but the U shaped one on the options proposed by Plusspec doesn’t seem to allow to do this.

I am sure I will have more questions, but getting an answer on these two would be very helpful.

Thank you very much,
Karim
Screen Shot 2023-07-10.png

Hi Karim,

The wall types you mentioned can be created in PlusSpec but the double linings will need to be created as a material that is a combination of both material thicknesses, then double the amount that the BOQ comes to. For each of the “double thickness” materials, I would recommend creating a separate material for each variation to make it easier to keep track of in the takeoff. Tip: Walls can be saved as vignettes so that a similar wall can be created from each wall via the right-click menu (from right-click > create similar wall). This saves you time, especially for the wall types & settings you use a lot. The link below is a video that shows how to set this up.

https://youtu.be/IXRvzxu-geI

Regarding the “material management tool” you mentioned, if you’re talking about the Public User Created Library (shown in the image below) you should be able to search for ‘stucco’ & anything with that word in the material name should appear.
Public User Created Library Location & Search.png

Currently, the U-shape stairs only have two flights of stairs. To create the three flights of stairs in a U-shape I would recommend creating two L-shape stairs & joining them together somewhere along the middle light of stairs. Alternatively, you can also create the stairs using SketchUp tools & then use the BIM Tool to add the estimation information for the BOQ.