Takeoff Tool: Recipes

Hi.

To avoid “Additional Items” and “Labour Tasks” being missed, I am in the process of reworking the “Recipes” (Additional Items & Labour Tasks) in the sequence of application. Additionally, I would like to insert the new “Items & Labour” in the correct order.

Is there a way to make changes without retyping the recipe? The duplicate function tends to add additional lines at the bottom of the recipe and there seems to be no way of moving it to the required position.

So Neil ideally you’d like a sort function on recipes in the material takeoff > edit see more?
I have seen a lot of recipes clutter the BOQ adv in most cases the recipes should have been selected a “one time value” as they are unlikely to be reused.
Seeing the BOQ is already broken into stages, I’m interested to know specifics. Can you give an example of itemd to break recipes into stages? Is it bricks or concrete or framing?
You can associate a category to a recipe when associating “other” materials with a recipe. My tip would be to name categories 123 or ABC according to the job estimate progress.
Another option would be to open the exported JSON file with an editor if you’re handy.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of a drag-and-drop function to change the order of the workflow as required. I am mainly focused on framing because we have quite a few factors to consider here in NZ when we do framing, which does not align 100 % with the rest of the planet. Thus, I am trying to create “easy and logical” recipes.

In addition, I have one more question, but I am unsure where to post it. What is the possibility of having an option where the user can select whether a “Wall” should default back to the PlusSPec default setting? Once again, this is due to NZ building standards and codes, which do not align with the PlusSpec details. After making quite a lot of manual changes to a model and then finding the “Default” setting kicks in… It leads to severe personality changes.

When making changes to anything framing outside the existing parameters, use the beam tool, Select wall and beam> right click “Add object to wall”. This way the wall tool won’t override the change.

If it is around a window, use the frame buffer (rough stud opening) and increase the height above the window to push the header to the top. I suggest using the beam tool to create a plate and a stud (then save it as a component in the sketchup components library) and reuse it. Note that the rest of the world doesn’t push headers to the underside of the plate because if there’s a bow in the head, there is a bow on the top plate, which shows in the roof.