Manual QTY + Prelims

Hi All,

Is it possible in the manual QTY + Prelims section of the takeoff tool to customize the pre set headings that appear in blue? Secondly everyhting is listed alphabetically but for estimating purposes on prelim items it makes more sense to me if they where listed in a linear fashion that matched the progress of the job onsite. With this in mind is it possible to adjust the headings to my own layout?

Hi Dperrem,

Yes those section headings can be customized. If you output the template (buttons outlined in pink below) & open the spreadsheet file you can adjust text in the Section/Category column to the desired headings. If you then import the file (button outlined in orange below) you should then see the changes in the dialog.

To adjust the order in the way that you mentioned, I’d recommend using numbers &/or letters in front of the section headings (e.g. 1A Slab, 2A Framing, 2B Masonry, etc.) to match the progress on site (similar to how the tags/layers have been set up in the software).

You could do takeoff by cost code. In this instance, you would number your cost codes in a typical job progress sequence. As a result, your BOQ will be organised as desired to work with your sequence & naming convention.