How to make new plan hatch

How do I make a third, fourth etc hatch plan? When I import the default scenes and I have Floor Plan 1 and Floor Plan 2, I can hatch on those no problem. But how do I then add say a 3rd floor as an example and have that hatched? I’ve added a new scene and section plane, but then when I hatch that plane it doesn’t actually hatch?

Hi natpjs,

It sounds like the wrong section plan is the “active” plan for the new scenes you’ve created. To fix this I would recommend following these steps.

1. Right-click on the desired section plane & select ‘Active Cut’. Note: The section plane(s) may be on a hidden tag/layer OR need to be displayed by clicking the Display Section Planes icon (see image below).
    Toggle Display Section Planes.png
  2. Update the scene (right-click on the scene tab & select ‘Update’) so that the active section plane is remembered. Note: In the Scenes section of the Default Tray, make sure the ‘Active Section Planes’ field is ticked (see image below).
    Remember Active Sections.png
  3. Update the camera position of the scene so that it matches the other floor plans (this step may not be needed). Tip: The easiest way to do this is to click on the previous floor plans scene, then click back on the new floor plan scene & select the “previous camera position” icon (see image below).
    Previous Camera Position.png
    Would you be able to please let me know if this fixes the issue you’re having?