Estimating features in Pro

Happy greetings!

I have an issue where the estimating abilities don’t seem to be working as they used to.

A) I don’t have the ability to edit labour in material make-ups. I can only enter material cost. I used to be able to.
B) When I click the take-off tool, I get nothing. It does generate the HTML file and I can go get it, but it is not popping up as it should, I believe?

I am running MacOs Sonoma 14.0, SketchUp 2024, and up to date PlusSpec.

Thanks,

Dawson

Hi Dawson, are you using PlusSpec Pro, PlusArchitect, or PlusDesignBuild? Also, an update went out a few days ago. Can you let me know if you have the same issue again? Thanks :+1:

Hi, No difference with version 24.4. I use PlusSpec pro. Trying to figure out if I’m missing features that would make it more useful, or whether I should be going for PlusDesignBuild.

I also saw while in the material pricing window the “import/export price list csv”. It wouldn’t open the file I had.

Dawson

I'm not sure how much I'm missing and how much just isn't available with this package.

If estimating is your thing you’ll get so much more out of PlusDesignBuild

Hi Dawson,

I can see that the labour fields aren’t in the Price Tool but I’m not sure if this was intended or is an issue. I’ve passed it onto the development team to look into further & if it is an issue we’ll get it fixed & released as soon as possible. The PlusDesignBuild version definitely has the ability to input labour costs. If you’d like to upgrade to that version please reach out to the office.

It is odd that the takeoff isn’t appearing when you click on the icon. Do you get any error message appearing in the Ruby Console when you do a takeoff (go to Extensions > Developer > Ruby Console & run a takeoff)?

Hi Grant,

Thanks for looking into that for me.

When I run a take off, it thinks for a bit (swirling pinwheel) then in the console I get “builder_name”

I went to check the job set up window but there is no builder name field in there. Any ideas?

Dawson