Eliminate Roof Overhang on just One Edge

Hello,

I’m sure there must be a way to do this. Looking to have one side of the roof change pitch (to make a shed roof going over a porch). I’ve used the roof tool and then gable tool to make the gables. And then used skillion roof tool to make the roof over the porch. The two roofs intersect each other but it’s showing the first roof overhang sitll below the skillion roof. Screenshot below. I’m sure this is addressable so if just the correct tutorial video can be pointed to it would be of great help. Thank you!

Hi user39,

To achieve the result you’re after there are currently two methods to achieve it, which I’ve listed below. Option 1 would be the one I’d recommend.

• Option 1: Use the “remove roof face” feature from the right-click menu & draw in the new roof shape. The following tutorial shows how to do this. Note: You may still need to manually edit some geometry.
    Remove Roof Face Tutorial

• Option 2: Manually edit the roof geometry (mainly on the main roof) using SketchUp tools to adjust the geometry as needed. Please note that any manual edits will be reverted if the geometry is edited again using a PlusSpec Tool.

This tutorial video may also be helpful.
Advanced Roof Tutorial

Awesome that was very helpful thank you!