Cutting into plusspec objects

I’m not sure if this is a sketchup question or Plusspec.

If I have a rafter group and want to cut a box gutter into the rafters. Is there a quick way of cutting it without manually editing each rafter individually?

thanks

Hi TruLine,

Unfortunately there’s currently no quick way to do this other than to manually add the cut to each rafter. Note: Any manual edits will be removed if the geometry/roofing group is edited using a PlusSpec tool, so only make these changes at the end.

However, you could save yourself some time by following these steps: Tip: Only do this for members that are the same length & shape (i.e. not at hip ends).

1. Add the cutout to one member.
  2. Copy-move (i.e. press Ctrl with the SketchUp Move Tool active) the member across the to the next spacings. This can be done in two ways:
    A) click to place the member, press the the * key & then enter a quantity to multiple it by, or
    B) enter a length & press enter, press the the * key & then enter a quantity to multiple it by.
  3. Delete the overlapping members that don’t have the cutout.

Tip: We do have a feature which will allow you to split & extend beams, rafters & other members but this only adjust the whole length of the member & doesn’t make cutouts.

I would create the joist/s, make it a component, and use the array Move CTRL type in the distance and number of copies